dead keys and GNOME2 problem

Hello,

I have made keybord map for my native language in xkb that is using
dead keys to get certain special characters. In my situation Compose
sequences are defined in {XRoot}/locale/iso8859-13/Compose file. dead
key functionality works in gnome1.4 apps without any problems, but it
is not working the way it should in gnome2. in gedit dead keys start
to work correctly only after Default input method is changed to X
input method. It seems that in Default input method Compose
definitions for dead key sequences are skipped.

Any ideas on how this problem could be solved?
Because in gnome-terminal there is no such possibility to change
input method with right click..

Thanks in advance,

Artis Trops,
Latvian Localisation Team