Re: Gnome Hindi coordinator

Maninder Bali wrote:

>Dear Karunakar,
>
>I'll need a little more time to hand over, as I am working with a couple
>of guys on the cl-india site (the official one for hi_IN)... I intend to
>update that and make available certain fonts that I might soon be able
>to get the permission for to release in the public domain...
>
>If you think we should have just one site (I see one more called
>indic-computing coming up) which can offer everything at one place, I am
>all for it... (and I see no reason why it can't be done)... please let
>me know.

Indic-computing ( indic-computing.sf.net ) group is ideal, but its prime
focus is not on translations  so I would prefer
 indlinux.org/hindi/gnome/  .   Already considerable progress has been
made. We would be acheiving  near 100% for Gnome 2 core by Oct end. This
week few more volunteers are joining in & will start working on fifth
toe pots. Aim is to have Gnome 2 fully translated by  2.2 release date.

>So, all in all, I'd like to continue for a little while, and see how
>things go. Also, I intend to update the po's on Cl-india... We need to
>talk of standardisation (ços I am sure your translations are going to be
>different) and until we find some common ground, its not going to be
>smooth sailing.

Solution to it is using PO compendium. We are now reusing lot of own
translations, with abt 6000 strings & gnome glossary as base, its easier
to update and also for new translators who need not start from scratch.
 Any further discussion on this issue please take in on Hindi list