Re: New release of the GNOME System Tools

Carlos Garnacho <garnacho@tuxerver.net> writes:
> 	I'm the maintainer of the GNOME System Tools, we are planning to make a
> new release on Monday or so. Please, could you have a look at the GST
> translations? :-). It's the gnome-system-tools module in cvs.gnome.org

I'm just completing the Danish translation. One thing is a bit
annoying, though. The translation contains quite a lot of dummy Glade
strings, such as "window1" and "label49".

I can't just ignore them since the statistics page would be useless
then, making it impossible to maintain the translation properly. OTOH,
just translating them directly with

  #: interfaces/display.glade.h:45
  msgid "label49"
  msgstr "label49"

is wasteful.

You could make quite a lot of translators happy by deleting them from
the Glade files. If you open the .pot file under po/ and search for
'"window' (note the quotation mark) and 'label' you should be able to
find them all, with source references. Alternatively, I could come up
with a patch.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/