Re: Message freeze in practice?

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Zbigniew Chyla wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 16:07:42, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
>
> > I'm a Slovak translator, NOT described to this list. Would you, please,
> > mind to inform the gnome-i18n list about ALL GUI changes when the messages
> > are freezed?
> >
> > I'm starting to get frustrated :-((
>
> So am I, but sending e-mails to gnome-i18n doesn't make sense if developers
> keep changing strings in just about every GNOME module (gnome-panel,
> gnome-utils, libgnome, etc.).
> We want new string freeze date that everybody respects!

This string freeze is supposed to be such a freeze. What makes you think
giving yet another date and saying 'yes we promise, no more strings
changes from that other date' will make it be reality to a larger extent
than the present one? Gnome is supposed to work because of this magical
thing called 'peer pressure' - so get a bunch of people who care about it
and apply direct pressure to the people who are breaking the string
freeze.

> Zbigniew (Polish GNOME Translation coordinator)

	Sander

	you'll rescue me right?
	in the exact same way that they never did
	i'll be happy right?
	when your healing powers kick in