Arabic in Gnome

Hi all ..
  My name is Isam Bayazidi and I will be coordinating for the Arabic
Translation in Gnome. I have few questions first if I may:

- I am grabbing files form :
   http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/unstable/po
  but I noticed that all POT filenames end with HEAD. should the PO that I
commit end with HEAD as well ? is this the right place to grab the POT files
for Gnome2?

- Are the PO files committed to your CVS get updated  automatically (merged)
with the latest corresponding POT file ?

- What is the minimum to get Arabic language in with any release of Gnome?

I know that some of those questions maybe FAQs, but I looked in the Gnome
Translation Project site for an FAQ section and couldn't find one .. I have
some experience working with translation files as I had been working in the
Arabic translation of KDE for the past 8 months or so. But I am new to the
Gnome world, and very excited to get things done..

Thanks
--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi