Re: Gnome 2.0 Localization for Solaris

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Damien Donlon wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi Donlon

> Myself and a few others are working out the details of
> the localization plan for Gnome 2.0 on Solaris. Currently
> the plan is to do translation for all software to be included
> in the Gnome 2.0 Solaris release which has not already been
> completed by other members of the community. We will also
> be doing translation for the documentation and help content
> being provided by Sun. So far, the language list is as follows :
>
> de          German
> es          Spanish
> it          Italian
> fr          French
> pt_BR       Portugese Brazilian
> ja          Japanese
> zh_CN       Simplified Chinese
> zh_TW       Traditional Chinese
> ko          Korean
> pl          Polish
> sv          Swedish

I think you should contact the coordinators for the languages above (for
instance, my language's one is Gustavo Dias <gdvieira@zaz.com.br> ).

I'm member of the Brazilian Portuguese team and I think it would be
a great help having people from the comercial side helping in
the translation. But I really think it's essential to exist
coordination with the comunity in order to not creating
duplicated work.

How about starting with the greatest modules which have  very
little (or no) tranlation?

Thanks

Francisco.
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil