Re: Is it still worth to update 1.4 translations?

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Duarte Loreto wrote:
> After getting "married"

Congrats!

> and staying almost 3 weeks without web access, I'm
> back updating gnome translations (core 1.4 and 2.0 100%) :)
>
> I'm now doing the 2.0 fifth-toe.
>
> But I was wondering... Is it still necessary to update 1.4 po files? For the
> fifth-toe and extras? Or should we forget 1.4 and concentrate all our
> efforts on the 2.0 files (which was my idea...)?

There may still be releases made from some modules in 1.4. So it isn't bad
to translate those if you have the time. But personally I'm concentrating
all my efforts on 2.0.

> By the way... Do we really have to finish all translations for 2.0 core,
> fifth-toe and extras today? Or just core is needed for today?

Core was needed last week, AFAIK. RC1 was cut last week, and the RC1
packages will be the final packages unless they have serious bugs. So if
you updated core a lot last week then I'm afraid many of those updates
won't be in 2.0.0, apart from some exceptions where RC1 packages were cut
later than last Monday (gnome-control-center, gtk+ etc.).

Fifth-Toe has no release date yet, and Extras will never have a release
date (they are released individually), so those will be safe to translate
for quite a while.