Re: gnome 1.4.x

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Hasbullah Bin Pit (sebol) wrote:

> This question arise when our team is quite late to join gnome
> i18n project.
>
> We are heavily translating the unstable section, then the progress is good.
>
> by using the unstable po files, Should i merge & commit to the
> stable branch too?
> or it just waste of time...
>
> while be any newer release for gnome 1.4.x ?

Yes, a gnome 1.4.1 release is almost ready. Since most CVS modules are
branched for gnome 1.4.x (HEAD is usually for Gnome 2.0), you may go to
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/stable/status.shtml to
see the correct branch name. As a side note, you may better use native
encoding instead of UTF-8 for gnome 1.4.x software.

Abel