Re: intltool and gnome-core breakage

On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 18:28, Darin Adler wrote:
> On 1/16/02 10:19 AM, "Glynn Foster" <glynn.foster@sun.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 17:54, Darin Adler wrote:
> >> Please tell me about the oddities, and I will sort them out. As I understand
> >> it, gnome-terminal.glade.h is a generated file that should not be checked
> >> into cvs, nor listed in POTFILES.in, nor included in any tarball.
> >
> > I was just copying what had been done before, as gnome-terminal.glade.h
> > and others are already in gnome-core CVS. I only put them into
> > POTFILES.in because I saw strings in them [in reality I have no clue
> > about the i18n stuff]. I'll try and remove them from my local source and
> > see what happens.
>
> OK. I looked into this further, and I guess I'm getting in over my head. It
> looks like gnome-terminal.glade.h was generated by glade and was supposed to
> be checked into cvs.
>
> So we have a conflict between glade's own scheme for localizing strings in
> its files and the intltool support for glade. I have no idea how to resolve
> this. I'd be happy to remove the intltool support for glade -- I didn't add

No, no! intltool's way is the right way to do it. Glade's way of doing
dates from the pre-libglade days, and isn't too nice. (ie. you need
glade to generate the .h file which rules out hand-tweaked .glade
files).

> it and I've never used it. But we'll have to find someone who understands
> this to resolve the problem.

The .glade.h file should be removed, deleted and forgotten about. That's
the right way to do it.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera