Re: XML files containing translations

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 11:38:50AM +0100, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > > This is a GNOME 1 app -- will this just automagically work with
> > > xml-i18n-tools, libxml1, and GTK+?
> >
> >   libxml1, no. libxml2 yes.
>
> so can I just keep using xmlNodeGetContent and then display its output
> directly in a GTK+1.2 label?

  Hum, assuming I understand the background correctly, yes, and for both
Gnome-1 and Gnome-2

Gnome 1: xml file in ISO-Latin-1 -> internal string in the same charset
         xmlNodeGetContent() -> ISO-Latin-1
	 GTK+1.2 label uses ISO-Latin-1 strings

Gnome 2: xml file in ISO-Latin-1 -> internal string in UTF-8
         xmlNodeGetContent() -> UTF-8
	 GTK+2.x label uses UTF-8 strings

 It seems this should reduce conversion problems by pure luck.

Daniel