Re: The Start

mån 2002-12-30 klockan 12.55 skrev Badral Sanlig:
> I'm starting now my translation.

Hi and welcome!

> But what is best start. I think, I
> should first translate the GUI. (.po files)

Yes, that seems like a good start. You can fetch the .pot files, the
ones you translate and make .po files out of, from the status pages
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/).

> Should I download Gnome2.0 core version?

I wouldn't suggest that. GNOME 2.0 is old, and I don't know if there are
any additional releases of GNOME 2.0.x planned.
Currently, we're mostly working on GNOME 2.1, the release that will
become GNOME 2.2 when it's released. This is currently scheduled to
happen on Jan 31st (according to http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/),
and we're in a string freeze as of today, so a good strategy would be to
focus all efforts on GNOME 2.1 Core right now.

> oder? How can I an account to
> CVS?

Once you've started working on translations, a cvs account should
probably be arranged. Instructions for applying for one are at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/policies/accounts/ and
http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html.

> Who is our general coordinator? (I need it, to send my results)

You can send your translations to anyone with a cvs account, and he or
she will put it in cvs for you. You can send them to me or if I'm not
available you can probably find someone else who can help on the IRC
channel #i18n on irc.gnome.org.

Please make sure the translations are encoded in UTF-8, that they don't
contain errors (by running "msgfmt -cv ml.po"), and gzip them before
sending them though.

Good luck!