Re: Please replace (C) with © in copyright notices

Hi,

Sander Vesik <Sander.Vesik@Sun.COM> writes:

> "some compilers will not like it" already makes it nonportable 8-)

Sure, but I don't know of any and I wonder why a compiler should care
about the contents of a character array as long as it is nul-terminated.

> Its more that I don't think it is well defined what the result will
> be and may well be locale dependent.

It is completely well-defined since the encoding is defined to be
UTF-8.

We use non-ascii strings in the 1.3 version of The GIMP for quite some
time now and there hasn't been any reports about portability
problems. You are claiming that this is non-portable and I think you
are wrong here. Perhaps you can provide any pointers that strengthen
your statement?

Salut, Sven