Re: Gnome is off in Brazil

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Antonio Espeschit wrote:

> Gnome is better than KDE, but KDE is the only one used in Brazil,
> because there's not Gnome translation into Portuguese. Iberic
> Portuguese is not Portuguese, is Iberic Portuguese, used only in
> Portugal.

Antonio,

GNOME really is supported in Brazilian Portuguese. Please follow
the link bellow.

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/stable/pt_BR.shtml

We have GNOME 73.36% translated and every help is wellcome :)

To use GNOME in our language just write

export LANG=pt_BR

in your .bash_profile if you use bash

or

setenv LANG pt_BR

in our .login file if you use csh.

> Regards from Brazil

Saudações brasileiras (cheers from Brazil),

Francisco.