Has it changed ...

I am trying to understand the the rules Gnome imposes (if any) on the
locale, char.set and font relationships.

I set the locale (RH 7.2) to tr_TR (turkish if I am correct). Then went into
the theme configuration and set the font to a custom font. But the font
change did NOT take place. I tried this with a couple of other locales too
but to no avail. Evrytime I change the locale and start gnome, it comes up
in some predermined font and does not let me change the font. I even tried
changing to a font that supports the encoding of the locale.

When I set the locale to some thing that is not supported then the font can
be changed.

I am at a loss? Has anyone else run into such thing?

-D