Re: problem with auto-preview/use of new font settings in control-center(fwd)

On 18 Oct 2001, Fatih Demir wrote:

> On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 15:45, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
>
>     Short description: The Control Center allows to change the font used in
>     GNOME applications. This does not work in specific locales like
>     el_GR, ru_RU, tr_TR. However, it works with C, es_ES, fr_FR, it_IT, zh_TW
>     and so on.
>
> Yes, I can confirm that it doesn't work for "tr_TR", too. Never noticed
> it before honestly .-)
> If I set the locale environment to be just "tr" things work like
> expected without any problems.
>
> BTW: I do get these errors everytime I try using the gnomecc under real
> Turkish environments:
>
> widgets-WARNING **: Could not open converter for '&Dgr;±so-8859-9' to 'UTF-8'
> charset
> widgets-WARNING **: Could not open converter for 'UTF-8' to '&Dgr;±so-8859-9'
> charset
>
> I guess this is a problem with out "dotless" i and the real i getting
> mixed...

Simply setting LANG=el instead of LANG=el_GR also fixes the problem for
the Greek language.
However, the following errors appear:
===

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

GnomeUI-CRITICAL **: file gnome-appbar.c: line 569 (gnome_appbar_push):
assertion `status != NULL' failed.

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
===

I believe that for the moment, setting LANG to "tr", "el" and so on would
be a quick fix until the problem is fully diagnosed.

simos

--
If you did not get a reply in your e-mail, please check
that the Subject: field you used was relevant and precise.