Re: XMLpo, or something like it

On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 17:14, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 12:06:46PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> >
> > Everyone that I've talked to likes working with po files much better.
> > KDE has created a tool called XMLPO, which extracts XML documents into
> > po files for easy translation.
>
> where does one find xml2po and documnetation thereof ?

Well, I was hoping somebody could tell me.  :-)  Here's what I found on
a really quick searck.
http://i18n.kde.org/translation-howto/doc-translation.html

I haven't read it yet.

> Why develop our own tools if the kde tool works well?

Jonathan was saying (I think) that their tool was QT specific, and used
the internal QT XML 'dohickey' (that's a technical term).  I don't know
what that means for us, but we -do- have libxml (version 2), which is a
really really nice XML library.  IANAH, so take all of that with a grain
of salt.
	Greg