Re: gnome-core .desktop files move to xml-i18n-tools

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Marius Andreiana wrote:

> Although gnome-core has xml-i18n-tools supprt, .desktop and .directory
> files are still in the old way.
> I'd like to move them to xml-i18n-format. I know how to do it, but don't
> know how to save existing
> translations in po/*.po.

Try xml-i18n-prepare -- it did the dirty work for me (I wasn't able to
check all .po for correct encodings, though...).

> Since it's the first time I mess with xml-i18n, any help would be
> appreciated :)

Just create an branch for your tests and than -- if working -- merge the
branch changes to the HEAD:

	cvs tag -c my_BRANCH_TAG
	cvs rtag -b -r my_BRANCH_TAG my-branch-tag-branch gnome-core
	cvs up -r my-branch-tag-branch

Now you can work on your private branch.  Once done do the merge
step.  Check out a fresh copy of the module:

	cd ..
	mv gnome-core gnome-core-my-xml
	cvs co gnome-core
	cd gnome-core
	cvs up -j my-branch-tag-branch

Check for conflicts ;)  Finally:

	cvs ci -m'Include  my-branch-tag-branch'

Did I miss something?

Karl