Red Carpet translations

Howdy..  thank you to all who have worked on the red carpet
translations so far -- we will make sure we have all the updated
translations in the next release.  I'm sorry that it took us a while
to get up to speed regarding i18n work and where to look for/put files
and the like. :-)

I just checked in a new red-carpet.pot file into
nome-i18n/extra-po/red-carpet.  I spent a while pulling out all the
static strings and making them translatable in the HTML.  I've tried
to limit the amount of direct HTML writing that's necessary, and have
left that only to places where there is a paragraph or more of text
with embedded links and some formatting -- there is pretty much only
one place that does this, for the "welcome" blurb.  I've also tried to
tag strings that don't look like html but are with <!--html--> at the
beginning, so that the right characters get escpated or &..; entities
get used if necessary for the translation.

There's still some strings that I haven't tagged for translation,
mainly because they're in the libredcarpet submodule -- there might be
a separate pot file for libredcarpet in the future.  It would be quite
small, as there really isn't that much that's translatable in there.
(Well, ok, there's a few important bits, like some error messages ;-)

One thing that would be nice is to have a translatable installer.  The
installer is statically linked, and ideally needs to run without any
environment set up.  Is there any provision in gettext to
"pre-translate" binaries at compile-time, so that we could build
separate installers for the various supported languages?

Please send all comments to either me (vladimir@ximian.com) or the