Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: report on [bad] status of i18n of gnomeapps - somebody should explicitly care about it
- From: Vlad Harchev <hvv hippo ru>
- To: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
- Cc: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>,Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>, gnome-hackers gnome org,gnome-i18n gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org,evolution-hackers helixcode com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: report on [bad] status of i18n of gnomeapps - somebody should explicitly care about it
- Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:02:20 +0500 (SAMST)
On 25 Mar 2001, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2001 21:30:46 +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > Also ability to control content-transfer-encoding (quoted-printable or
> > base64) would be very handy since there still may be some hosts that drop 8th
> > bit of the mail that passes by them. Evo always sends 8bit data..
> Are you sure about this? What are you using to send mail? If your SMTP
> server allows 8BITMIME, then Evo will send 8bit data, but otherwise
> should not. I think it'll also send 8bit data if you use a local
> sendmail/exim/whatever - but those should correctly handle 8bit data.
Sorry, I used only local sendmail only - sorry for confusion. The way Evo
behaves seems the most reasonable - try to send 8bit if smtp server supports
it, or fallback to base64 otherwise.
> Thanks for letting us know which parts need work, we appreciate it.
Feel free to ask for additional information if you need it.
] [Thread Prev