Re: Update on Glossary part 2

Hello All

I understand if you are busy but would appreciate it if the below
volunteers would send me a quick e-mail giving me your best completion
date for the Gnome glossary.  We would really like to start using the
glossary as reference during the next couple of weeks.

In addition, for the languages we are missing volunteers, if anyone has
the time to translate the 900 term glossary, please send me a e-mail.

> Language                Name                    E-mail
> English                 Rebecca J. Walter       rjp@mail.tele.dk
> Danish                  Keld                    keld@dkuug.dk
> Danish                  Kenneth Christiansen    kenneth@gnu.org
> Brazilian Portuguese    E. A. Tacão             tacao@conectiva.com.br
> Hungarian               Andras Timar            timar@gnome.hu
> Swedish                 Christian Rose          menthos@menthos.com
> French
> German                  Matthias Warkus         mawarkus@t-online.de
> Spanish
> Italian
> Finnish
> Norwegian               Kjartan Maraas          kmaraas@online.no
> Polish
> Russian
> Japanese                komatsu                 komatsu@gnome.gr.jp
> Korean                  Woo-Kyong Noh           rainlood@kldp.org
> Simp Chinese
> Trad Chinese
> Norwegian               Kjartan Maraas          kmaraas@gnome.org
> Catalan                 Softcatalà - Jordi Mas  jmas@softcatala.org
> Slovak
> Greek                   Simos Xenitellis        simos@hellug.gr

Thanks in advance

Aoife

> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:53:48 +0000
> From: Michael Twomey <michael.twomey@ireland.sun.com>
> To: Gnome I18N List <gnome-i18n@gnome.org>
> CC: Aoife Dunne <Aoife.Dunne@ireland.sun.com>, Lorna Whelan
<Lorna.Whelan@ireland.sun.com>
> Subject: Update on Glossary part 2
ireserver.Ireland.Sun.COM id SAA19528

> Hi again,
> 	Gregory has the new glossary up on gnome-i18n/glossary
(thanks!). I
> [...]
>
> Following on from Aoife's mail we have the following people who have
> kindly volunteered to add in the translated terms:
>
> Language                Name                    E-mail
> English                 Rebecca J. Walter       rjp@mail.tele.dk
> Danish                  Keld                    keld@dkuug.dk
> Danish                  Kenneth Christiansen    kenneth@gnu.org
> Brazilian Portuguese    E. A. Tacão             tacao@conectiva.com.br
> Hungarian               Andras Timar            timar@gnome.hu
> Swedish                 Christian Rose          menthos@menthos.com
> French
> German                  Matthias Warkus         mawarkus@t-online.de
> Spanish
> Italian
> Finnish
> Norwegian               Kjartan Maraas          kmaraas@online.no
> Polish
> Russian
> Japanese                komatsu                 komatsu@gnome.gr.jp
> Korean                  Woo-Kyong Noh           rainlood@kldp.org
> Simp Chinese
> Trad Chinese
> Norwegian               Kjartan Maraas          kmaraas@gnome.org
> Catalan                 Softcatalà - Jordi Mas  jmas@softcatala.org
> Slovak
> Greek                   Simos Xenitellis        simos@hellug.gr
>
> The terms in the glossary aren't fixed, if you feel the definition is
> wrong, the term isn't gnome related or there are missing terms feel
free
> to edit the glossary.
>
> One thing to note is that it is important to get the translation from
an
> application gui for context rather than just write down the first
> meaning that springs to mind, that way the glossary will be reference
> for Gnome software translation and not a random set of terms (I hope).
>
> The glossary is a simple Gnumeric spreadsheet which I've kept
> uncompressed so slightly more meaningful cvs diffs can be done. It is
in
> gnome-i18n/glossary. I will put a README there too at some point
giving
> some guidelines.
>
> You can mail me updates to the glossary and I can commit them if you
> want since I now have cvs write access.
>
> We (in Sun that is) would like to start using the glossary to do
quality
> and consistency checks on Gnome at the end of March so having the
> translations done by then would mean that they would be used to check
> Gnome.
>
> If you have any questions or suggestions please ask.
>
> many thanks,
> 	mick
> --
> Michael Twomey
> These opinions are my own and do not represent Sun unless otherwise
> stated.
> Sun Microsystems, Dublin, 8199164, x19164

Aoife Dunne
European Localisation Centre
Sun Microsystems Ireland Ltd
Hamilton House