Re: Q: Converting a .po file from UTF-7 to iso-8859-x?
- From: <simos pc96 ma rhbnc ac uk>
- To: Robert Brady <robert suse co uk>
- Cc: <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Q: Converting a .po file from UTF-7 to iso-8859-x?
- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 00:36:07 +0000 (GMT)
On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Robert Brady wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 email@example.com wrote:
> > I would like to ask if there is a script available
> > that can do the conversion of the messages of a .po file between
> > Unicode and iso-8859-7.
> > Plain "recode" does not seem to work since we just
> > convert the msgstr to/from Unicode.
> Maybe you want the stuff in gnome-i18n/UTF-8/
Ack, that's it.
Btw, I would like to note a feature of the UTF to PO script.
If the UTF string is too long and is broken by the gettext
utilities in two, then it is possible that the UTF string
is not broken on a character boundary.
This does not seem to affect the end applications, just the
automatic conversion utilities. One has to re-break the line
] [Thread Prev