Re: Nautilus i18n statistics, pozilla etc.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Fatih Demir wrote:

> > > This is an often occuring problem: msgfmt/msgmerge print out warnings due to
> > >  the TSCII encoding; are these warnings foo'sh? Due to the warning there
> > >   are no statistics for any ta.po/ta in pozilla.sh's output table..
> > Please, send a small test file to Bruno Haible (see Cc), the gettext
> > maintainer.
>
> Unfortunately my iconv (therefore glibc) doesn't support TSCII at all (an iconv
>  --list run doesn't show up TSCII and I also can't convert from/to it), therefore
>   msgfmt etc. aren't happy with it.. as msgfmt etc. is working fine on others'
>    systems I'd guess more that this is my local glibc/debian issue..

This is what i get from ta.po in nautilus:

ta.po: warning: Charset "TSCII" is not a portable encoding name.
                Message conversion to user's charset might not work.
476 translated messages, 614 fuzzy translations, 625 untranslated messages.

Running glibc 2.2.2 here with Mandrake. But it should be distribution
neutral though. As a side note, iconv --list shows TSCII as a valid
charset.

Abel