Re: ChangeLog format

On 27 Jan 2001 05:45:32 +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Please note, ChangeLog files have a specific format.  Most things are
> pretty obvious.  One issue you don't see at the first glance: every
> entry has to start with a TAB (\t).
>
> If you're an Emacs user just press the key combo 'C-x 4 a' to add
> ChangeLog entries.

The nice people at Eazel have put together a spiffy Perl script to
prepare changelogs for your.  I use it all the time (even though I use
Emacs), as it will find all of the files that have been changed, and add
an entry for each of them.  For people who do a lot of hacking on the
source code, it will even find the C functions that you've changed, and
list them.  It's available from eazel's public CVS, although I can't
figure out if that's available anonymously just yet.  I've attached a
copy (it's only 3.2k) so that you don't have to find it.

    Greg

prepare-ChangeLog.pl.gz