Re: Problem's with CVS access

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@gnome-db.org> writes:

> I think that is a server side problem, i has a CVS server and when i
> connect to as normal user it take me this error, to get it running, i
> need to change the root home's flags to 755. I think that this CVS
> server has the same problem. (I was only testing a cvs server, then i
> haven't searched a better solution for that, please, don't use it is ver
> dangerous!!, i only tell you where the problem is IMO.

I'd say as a regular user (carlos) you sould not checkout into root's
home directory (/root).  Use your home directory or ask root give you a
directory under /usr/src :

    su -
    mkdir /usr/src/gnome
    chown carlos /usr/src/gnome
    exit

And as carlos change to /usr/src/gnome and do your cvs work.

barreiro@arrakis.es writes:

> But error is the same when I use a no-privilige account:
> cvs anonymous access return:
> cvs server: cannot open /root/.cvsignore: Permission denied
> ? gnome-print/po/es.po.122
> cvs server: cannot open /root/.cvsignore: Permission denied
> cvs server: Updating gnome-print

Please, look above.

> access with my cvs personal account is correct.

barreiro isn't allowed to write into root's home dir (/root).

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,