The Gnomeicu translator (mis-)announcement

>From digging in the #i18n IRC log:
<frob> hej guys! NetHunter advice to update our translations of
GnomeICU! We are near 0.95 release
<frob> =)
<Rasta> frob: :-)
--- frob has changed the topic to: GnomeICU is near release. Could you
update your translation please!

It would be really GREAT if these kind of things also could be announced
to the gnome-i18n@gnome.org mailing list. Preferrably by the maintainers
themselves, as explained on
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/contact.html.

That way, people won't have to rely on second-hand information and
translators who *don't* idle on IRC 24/7 will also have a chance to get
the information and update their translations in time (yes, I had to
investigate and explain where the #i18n channel topic came from, and if
it was true, to one translator who joined #i18n and was very surprised
about gnomeicu nearing release as this wasn't announced to translators).
It is very fair to assume that all translators are subscribed to
gnome-i18n@gnome.org, but far from all translators are on IRC or #i18n
frequently (and I don't think that can be a requirement, either). It's
not that hard to send a mail stating "We will release a new version,
$version, of $app in $timelefttorelease. Please update your
translations" to gnome-i18n@gnome.org. $timelefttorelase should
preferrably be > 2 days.

I'm sorry if I'm ranting, but please do these "pending release"
announcements in the future, and please also confirm if this new 0.95
release rumor is indeed true and how much time is left until the
release, so those translators who are unaware of the release will know
how much time they have left for translation of gnomeicu.