Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: report on [bad] status of i18n of gnome apps - somebody should explicitly care about it

Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org> writes:

> The only sensible thing to do with unlabelled high-bit chars is to
> display them in the recipient's default charset.  That might not be
> right, but probably it is.

it certainly is.  this approach works very well for me (KOI8-R default
encoding).

consider the fact that for most non-English speaking users, there is
only _one_ language except for English that they care about.  most of
them are not going to exchange a mix of Hebrew, Tamil and Polish just
to excercise the relevant RFC's.

--
All ITS machines now have hardware for a new machine instruction --
BFM