Re: Glossary update

Hi,

Christian Rose wrote:
> But wasn't the point to have one, unified GNOME dictionary? I don't see
> how that can be done if we have to move everything that has multiple
> meanings outside this dictionary.

unfortunately, I didn't have time for a closer look at the glossary,
but here goes anyway:

Adding data about message/string source/area of usage would probably
be a not too difficult way of adding context to the strings. F. i.
what software/package the expression originates from or belongs to
would be simple by using po/pot header info.

It would among other things bring benefits in enabling smarter fuzzy
matches in translator (-friendly) software. Much like using the
Dewey system + client & subject settings in industry standard CAT
software.

BR,
Gudmund