Subject: Re: libglade l10n bug
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:55:50 +0800 (WST)
From: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
To: Christian Rose <menthos menthos com>

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Christian Rose wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I understand that it is a bug in libglade that causes programs like
> galeon and gnumeric not to display translated strings in option boxes
> and the like.
>
> After discussing this on the galeon-devel mailing list, it seems that
> one of the authors already contacted you with a patch but that it did
> get rejected (see mail below).
>
> Now, I of course wonder why it did get rejected, and what could be done
> to fix this bug.

This is actually a bug in glade's generation of the translatable strings
header file.  The behaviour of libglade matches glade's code generator,
which I based libglade's behaviour on (glade didn't have support for
creating a translatable strings header at that point).

I talked to Damon, and he said he would fix the problem in
glade.  Alternatively, you can use the libglade-xgettext program to
extract the translatable strings from a glade file.  It produces a .po
file that can be merged into the main catalog file for the program.

> Regards
> Christian Rose
> (one of the numerous translators annoyed by this bug)

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/