Re: Style of Comment[xx]=blah blah blah.<- the dot

> Dear all,
>       I have noticed that there is no consistent style for the
> translations in the .desktop/.directory/etc files with respect with the
> Comment lines.
>
> For example,
>
> Comment[xx]=This is a test
> Comment[xx]=This is a test.
>
> Should the full stop be put at the end of the line or not?
>
> My opinion is that it should not.

You are right.

from gnome-libs/devel-docs/suggestions.txt:

 - Your menu hints should not have a trailing period.  They should be
   phrased like commands, e.g. "Open a new file".  Do NOT phrase them
   like a description, e.g. "Opens a new file".

I think the same rule applies to Comment[xx], because these all basically
are tooltips.

--
Gediminas Paulauskas  -=-=-  http://i.am/menesis  -=-=-  ICQ 24859336