Re: Update on Localisation Style Guides and Glossaries

E. A. Tacão wrote:

> I'm working now on the translation of OpenOffice's glossary to Brazilian
> Portuguese and it'd be great if we could use the same basic set of words
> on both of them (OO and Gnome and whatever).

Yes, I completely agree, the majority of the terms are similar across all
applications.  Everyone can of course add additional English and language terms
to the glossary listing as new products are developed.

> Btw how will we know whenever the cleanup is complete, and where can I
> get the glossary?
Once the English is 95% cleaned up we can send a mail to all notifying it is
available for translation.  Thereafter, the glossary can be updated.  Does
anyone have any ideas on what is the best processes for updating the glossary
with new terms?.

Would you be interested in working to help clean up the English, with other team
members?.

Aoife

<gnome-doc-list@gnome.org>, Aoife Dunne <Aoife.Dunne@ireland.sun.com>
> Subject: Re: Update on Localisation Style Guides and Glossaries
>
> Michael Twomey wrote:
> >

> > The following needs to be done to the glossary:
> > (...)
> > * Currently it is in English only. It needs other languages to be filled
> > in. This should be done after the English has been cleaned up.
>
> I'm working now on the translation of OpenOffice's glossary to Brazilian
> Portuguese and it'd be great if we could use the same basic set of words
> on both of them (OO and Gnome and whatever). This shall help translators
> and keep the required translation consistency.
>
> After the English cleanup I'd like to work on translating Gnome glossary
> to Brazilian Portuguese. I expect many terms are just the same so a
> small script handling both glossaries can help a lot. Brazilian
> volunteers listening, please contact me so that we can synchronize
> efforts!
>
> Btw how will we know whenever the cleanup is complete, and where can I
> get the glossary?
>

> Thanks in advance
> __
> Tacão