Re: Bugzilla: Reducing bugspam and finding patches

3. Already fixed (duplicate)
  Some crashers have been fixed a long time ago, but they still receive
  daily bugreports. These bugreports can now be rejected automatically.
  For this the first 5 functions of the stacktrace are used, coupled
  with the GNOME version (to prevent regressions being rejected).

	This one worries me a little - e.g. look at one of the panel crashers:

150809 /GNOME2\.8\./ gtk_widget_set_sensitive g_cclosure_marshal_VOID__POINTER g_closure_invoke g_signal_has_handler_pending g_signal_emit_valist gnome-panel

Cheers,
Mark.

I suspect this heuristic would fail for a number of at-spi/accessibility bugs as well, since the stack frames (especially in non-debug builds) can look the same for quite different root causes, if things go haywire in a CORBA call.

It's a great idea, and I am all for it, but I agree with Mark that 5 functions of a stack trace are not conclusive.

Bill