Re: Subversion migration.

26 maj 2005 kl. 08.02 skrev Ross Golder:

Hi,

I think a solution that would work really well is to go to Subversion, it's a really big improvement from CVS and at the same time mirror it to baz (as Canonical is currently doing). This gives the possibility to use baz for those that want and Subversion for the others.

It can be used as follow,

* Have a writable subversion checkout.

* Check out a read-only baz copy and work against your own branch with baz.

* When done with the patch you are working on, make a patch and apply it to the
  subversion tree to commit it to the main repository.

If you just want to go on as we currently do, just checkout the Subversion and skip the baz step all together.

I've been trying out baz a bit since lifeless and jeff where nice to help me get started. While it has a lot of interesting features (and I will definitely use the above solution myself) it's another way of thinking and I find myself unsure on how it works from time to time and have to go back and look it up.

Just my thoughts,
  Mikael Hallendal