Re: G2.12 Prerelease Tour

Hey Davyd,

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 12:08 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> I haven't yet announced it on my blog. I want to make sure that I
> haven't said anything that is wrong, or left anything out.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~davyd/gnome-2-12/
>
> I am currently missing Epiphany screenshots, as I can't seem to get any
> of that stuff working. If someone wants to send me raw screenshots in
> the same theme and font sizes, I can add them in.

Good stuff. Here's a couple of comments:

"The new Evolution [has] the ability to do inline media playing"
I'd like to know how that was implemented, and where, so if anyone has
pointers.

Control Center's About me:
You should rather have some imaginary person's details there, unless you
want the /. crowd to call you at home...

"These cursors themes will instant apply with GTK+ 2.8."
Why does the dialog say the contrary? Is that a bug in the dialog?

"a movie trailer playing inside Firefox"
You could change that to s/Firefox/Epiphany/ as it's the default browser
in GNOME, without bothering taking a new screenshot: it will look
exactly the same ;)

"Nautilus now offers drag and drop capabilities from audio CDs"
Wasn't that there for ages in the cdda: gnome-vfs method?

"audio CD copying has been added to Nautilus' CD burning functionality."
CD copying was added, not just audio CD copying.

"Evince can (or will soon) handle DVI, and TIFF files, as well as
OpenOffice.org Impress and Microsoft Powerpoint presentations."
The Impress and PPT support is still being discussed, you'd rather not
mention them, or say that they are being developed, but this sentence
will probably confuse people as to what's available right now.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>