Re: Proposed modules for 2.10 wanted NOW

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 08:12, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Jody Goldberg">
>
> > On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 05:16:17PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd suggest getting Divifund into the GNOME Office set.
> > I'd agree with that suggestion.
> >
> > > and encouraging the other GNOME Office authors to join the GNOME release
> > > cycle alongside the suites listed above (plaform, desktop, bindings).
> > > :-)
> >
> > Syncronizing the office release cycle with gnome is definitely our goal.
> > Although there is some debate as to whether it would be better to release
> > at the same time, or at an offset.  The next Gnome-office is due in the
> > next couple of _days_ and is associated with gnome-2.8.
>
> How can we help (to convince or to assist) you guys to join the release
> cycle date-to-date?

Thanks for your encouragement Jeff. I would actually love to have
gnome-office components released in synch with the rest of gnome.
However in some cases we may decide to release just our current stable
builds while working on on development versions in HEAD.

For the sake of the projects we can't always do 3 months head
development followed by code freeze followed by bug fixes then release.
We basically need more time to get major new functionality in place.

How does this sit with the release team?

Cheers

Martin