Re: Session Management Proposal

l lunak suse cz wrote:

 Moreover, the SaveYourself messages are usually sent all at the same
 time, not ordered.

oh yea, true.

The slightly less desirable solution (for me at least) is to say that if
a client
has the window manager role set, then the sm should send it the
SaveYourself message before other clients.  I guess this is really the only
way to get around the problem of window managers getting switched in the
middle of a session, so unless you have a nicer solution I'll add something
along these lines to the spec.

I'm perfectly fine with this. I don't see any problem with saying 'WM will get SaveYourself first in phase1, and other only after WM finishes the save or asks for phase2'.
Okay, sounds good.

Let's discuss the rest in the thread about the autostart directory.

Sure.

--Ray