Re: The Glade-3 project

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 15:55 -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I regretfully announce that David Hoover, the current maintainer
> of the glade-3
> project has not been seen or heard from for about a month.
>
> glade-3 has really been taking shape lately and I wouldn't like things
> to go stale,
> so; as the most active developer in this project ATM, I am stepping up to take
> the responsabilities of maintainership. Lets see this project through !
>
> You are all invited to send me your objections and/or blessings ;-)

You have my blessings :)

I am looking forward to using Glade-3 as my primary GUI-development
platform.

What are the current plans for integrating Glade-components with
currently available IDE's like MonoDevelop and Anjuta?

We don't only code Gnome projects for opensource purposes but also for
professional development-time-critical applications. Glade-2 has always
helped us A LOT with this. It would be, however, great if things got
componized/bonobonized and then integrated with such IDE's.

We are heavily looking into starting to use IDE's like Eclipse,
MonoDevelop and already are using Anjuta.

I've been thinking about doing this componizing myself lots of times.
But only recently read about your intentions to lead this project.

I too have discovered that there wasn't any active leadership for this
project. So I basically gave up on the idea. Therefor I ask now .. :)

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org