Re: Release Team's Almost-Final Modules List

El mi? 28-05-2003 a las 22:02, Joe Marcus Clarke escribió:
> On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 15:44, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> >     gnome-system-tools
> >
> >       This module is being discussed on d-d-l at the moment. Left undecided.
> >

> In general, I agree with all the choices.  I like the idea of g-s-t, but
> it currently lacks FreeBSD and Solaris support.  Every time I've tried
> to contact the g-s-t developers to get some guidance, tips, etc. on
> implementing FreeBSD support, I've been ignored.  It seems to me, this
> is the most platform-specific component of the desktop, and if I had to
> point to what doesn't belong, it would be this.

could you define "ignored"? it's true that you sent an unanswered mail,
but please, don't confuse my lack of time with ignoring people, as I
can't force the other developer(s) to give his opinion and answer people
in the setup-tools-hackers list.

I thought that this was a solved issue (I apologized widely in the
answer to your second mail), and I just answered to _all_ the questions
you made in both mails [1]

Regarding to the platform-specificness of the gst, I agree, and I must
remember that the gst are __potentially__ cross-platform, but in the
other hand, I'd expect platform users or developers collaboration for
getting new distros or platforms added in gst, I think I just can't hold
the weight of doing gst truly cross-platform for all the environments
supported by gnome.

[1]
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/setup-tool-hackers/2003-May/000097.html