Security issues, PR, community

Hey gang,

Far be it from me to suggest that we view security as a public relations
issue, but this article gives me the willies:

  "Gnome flaw threatens Linux users"
  http://news.com.com/2110-1002-994534.html

Given recent issues with EoG and Evolution, perhaps we need to have a better
process for handling security announcements? Debian and Red Hat both have
good pre-formatted emails with sensible (balanced!) information for security
advisories.

Thoughts?

Thanks to Federico for putting out the EoG 2.2.2 release.

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

   "The ability to procrastinate is what separates us from the machines."
                     - Chris Gregory, Desktop Magazine