RE: 2.4 Module List - zenity

> From: Glynn Foster [mailto:glynn foster sun com]
> > So you're suggesting zenity for the Desktop release? I
> don't know much about
> > it. What benefit does it provide to users?
>
> Hrm, I guess. Zenity is a rewrite of gdialog, where I broke the
> compatibility with other dialogs. It's used quite often in things like
> Nautilus scripts - a handy little utility for sysadmins too, who need
> input while running scripts. I'd imagine that it's pretty hidden from
> most users, since it's a commandline utility.

Quite apart from the question of whether this, and/or Nautilus scripts, are
appropriate, can we see an example of a script that uses zenity? Because
it's something that's meant to be user-visible (almost a user-interface) I'm
worried that "zenity" might not be as user-friendly a name as "gdialog".

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com