RE: 2.4 Module List - zenity

Hey there,

> So far it doesn't sound like much more than a language binding.

It would be a rather lame language binding ;)

> A few users might like to write nautilus scripts for themselves. But surely
> anything that's useful for lots of users should be a real feature. If we are
> just talking about a tiny minority of users then I don't think it belongs in
> the Desktop.

Well, I can see us shipping a bunch of really useful nautilus scripts
with our desktop - it's basically a case of identifying which ones we
should go with. Zenity would be a side effect of shipping those scripts.

It should also be noted that gdialog was part of GNOME 2.2 Desktop - so,
we have a basic feature regression now ;)

> I think sysadmins are capable of downloading and installing whatever
> language binding they think they need. Actually, I doubt that sysadmins want
> to write GUIs anyway.

True, but making that assumption would be a pretty bad idea - I think
that more and more sysadmins being introduced to Linux/GNOME will
definitely want to use some sort of UI.

			see ya,.
				Glynn ;)