Re: GnomeMeeting / OpenH323 [Was: 2.4 Module List]

> On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 16:26, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > Gstreamer, like xine-lib, include ffmpeg's libavcodec which is pretty
> > much all that's reverse-engineered patented codecs as well (Sorenson
> > Video, MPEG4, Windows Media Video and Audio, etc.). I guess there isn't
> > a single multimedia framework that is free of patent problems.
> Actually we don't. ffmpeg is pulled in from ffmpeg CVS at buildtime
> for those who want it.

No, not yet :)

it is always pulled out from cvs because I didn't put in a --disable yet.

And it's always in the release as well, because we make dist it in.

We should really decide what to do here; I remember a discussion with
Havoc where he suggested splitting gst-plugins in "totally not encumbered"
and "possibly shady" stuff.  Maybe that's one way to go.  It would leave
gst-plugins-totally-not-encumbered pretty dry though.

Thomas

Cause baby ooh
if heaven calls I'm coming too
Just like you said
You leave my life I'm better off dead
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->