Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

Hello,
    I and the rest of the Galeon team, we would like to propose Galeon
as part of the application list for the GNOME 2.4 Desktop, instead of
Epiphany.

    Galeon 1.3 is now quite stable for daily use and nearly feature
complete. It has come a long way to comply with Gnome 2 standards of
usability and accessibility.

    We think that Galeon is the best web browser for Gnome in the long
term. It offers feature parity with other desktops and improves in some
areas, like usability and offers better integration with Gnome than
other viable options like Mozilla alone.

    We would like to know why it has not been considered already in GEP
11. Specially, we are interested in the concrete problems that make
Galeon not an option and the ways that these problems could be solved.
We are in no way deliberately ignoring the Gnome HIG and specific
suggestion of the usability team, in fact further efforts are made to
comply more closely with it.

Greetings,
Ricardo.

--