Re: Bad directories in FTP

<quote who="Mikael Hallendal">

> A person just got into #gnome and asked for gnome-libs for GNOME 2, I said
> he needed libgnome and libgnomeui. However he got confused since there was
> libgnome2 and libgnomeui2 directories at
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/
>
> Are these the results of a naming error while uploading the tarballs?
>
> Someone should remove those directories to avoid confusion.

These are due to the old bad practices of putting "2" at the end of a module
name to indicate that it was the 2.0 alpha version. We have all come to our
senses now, and realised that the actual version numbers of modules are for
precisely that! :-)

There are lots of *2 things up there, and it is ugly, but I'm not entirely
convinced that we should clean them out.

- Jeff

--
                 "No shit, sherlock holmes com " - Mr. Bad