Re: [Glade-devel] Re: glade code generation

Jon Cast wrote:
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com> wrote:
<snip>

I do believe that handler stub generation is useful.  I advocate
improving it, not removing it.

Dissatisfactor with the UI generation code is what started the
discussion.

Right.  But AFAIR, no effective argument has been advanced against the
UI generation code.  Somewhat valid arguments have been advanced against
generating stubs, though---and these have been used in the overall
conversation.  So, lest anyone lose sight of the fact that they apply
/only/ to stub generation, I thought I'd throw that out.

In any case, I'm curious what value you see in stub generation (over and
above prototype generation, which can go into a non-modifiable file in
C)?

stub generation enables the programmer to test the program before everything is implemented. It gives an easy start, and enables you to test your build environment before you do any error-prone modifications to the project.

   Christof