RE: Desktop Kernel Stuff

> From: Jeff Waugh [mailto:jdub perkypants org]
> So, let's build ourselves a list. :-) Which kernel issues are
> important to
> GNOME, at a technical level? Which kernel issues are
> important to GNOME
> users? I'll summarise, and take it to the streets.

This very possibly has nothing to do with kernel changes, but I've always
felt that the desktop should not need to be unresponsive when some process
is very busy. For instance, I should still be able to pull down menus when
I'm compiling something in the background. In my ignorance, I feel like it
should be possible to reserve 10% of the processor's capacity for these
things.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com