reading loads of little XML files from disk [was Re: Ottawa - kernel hackers ...]

Hey,
	I'd forgotten this was being discussed over here. I did a little work
on making it possible to seriously reduce the number of individual files
used ... for anyone who's interested:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gconf-list/2003-July/msg00001.html

	Hopefully, now we can do some real benchmarks on just how much of an
impact all these little files are ...

Good Luck,
Mark.