Re: Gnumeric is _5_ and now supports 100% of MS XL's worksheet functions

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 08:53:58PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Any plans to go to gtk+ ??
>
> 				Janina Sajka, Director
> 				Technology Research and Development
> 				Governmental Relations Group
> 				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
>
> Email: janina afb net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Gnumeric has always been based on gtk+ and GNOME.  Indeed one of its
main initial design goals was to serve as a test bed for new
GNOME technologies.

If you're asking
    'Are there plans to port to gtk+ 2.x' ?
then the answer is
    The 1.1.x series uses gtk-2.[0-3] and is slated to become the
    stable release in August.

If you're asking
    'Are there plans to do a gtk+ _only_ release with no gnome
     dependencies ?'
then the answer is
    Yes.  That is necessary for a win32 version.   We're getting
    pretty close.  The only significant remaining hurdle is getting
    time make the jump from Bonobo & GNOME_UI to egg-menu.

Given your affiliation I'll range further afield and guess you may
want to know its accessibility status and meant
    'Any plans to use atk' ?
In which case the answer is
    Yes, we're already looking at it, but will not be adding it for
    the upcoming 1.2 release.  The accessibility work will be part
    of 1.3.  We've been talking with the Sun a11y and OpenOffice
    folk about it.

I can't come up with any other interpretations of your question.
Was I close ?