The MAINTAINERS files

Hi,

Work is underway to set up a script to spam maintainers when their
po/POTFILES.in aren't updated. However, to make this work, it would be
very nice if all modules (with po files) had a MAINTAINERS file with
some common fields so we know who to spam. So:

Is there already an agreed-upon format? And if not could we please
elect one? And we have done that, could we please add it to a CVS
policy document somewhere? And would all maintainers then please check
that they have a valid MAINTAINERS file?

It seems most modules are using either

  Email: name1 somewhere xxx
  Email: name2 elsewhere xxx

or

  John Doe <name1 somewhere xxx>
  John Doe jr. <name2 elsewhere xxx>

The second seems most natural so I guess there is a reason for the
first? Developer mailing list support perhaps?

GDM2 is an exception, though:

  ole:~/cvs$ cat gdm2/MAINTAINERS
  The Queen of England

--