Re: glade code generation

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 17:43, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

[ Cc'ing glade-devel as a more appropriate forum ]

> Hey,
> 	I've just had to explain for the umpteenth time to people to use
> libglade instead of code generation ... Surely if we're not recommending
> that anyone use it, we should just remove it completely to avoid the
> confusion ?

Makes sense to me; we had

 Don't use glade to generate code, use libglade!

As the /topic in #gtk+ for a week or so, and there were a ton of people
coming in, seeing the topic and asking about it because they had
been struggling with glade's generated code.

Regards,
                                   Owen

(Note that there may be resistance from the people who have written
 code generation plugins for various languages, but I think the
 same basic principle applies there. If you don't have excellent
 IDE integration, you don't want to generate code. Maybe not
 even then.)