How to handle bugzilla

I have a problem handling the Nautilus bugzilla emails. Given that I
have a lot of stuff to do, and that I have to actually hack on
Nautilus also there is just no way I can keep up with the spew from
nautilus-maint.

To give a sense for the proportions here, let me give some stats.
My nautilus-bugzilla folder has 17886 emails in it from the start
March 1, 2002. Thats an average of 42.6 bugzilla emails a day for
nautilus and eel. In addition to this I need to follow gnome-vfs and
get CCd on various other bugzilla reports. (Plus I have to follow
redhat bugzilla, including the Nautilus module there.)

The problem is, if I can't read all the mail, there is a large risk of
both dave and me missing important bugzilla mail, like patches or
important information.

Since Nautilus is a very user-visible package we get a lot of
user-level bugreports, a lot are dups, a lot are crap, some are really
for other packages, and a lot are just random ideas that people
have. We have a very active group of bug-squad people managing these
bugs, which is *very* nice, and helps a lot.

However, all these new bugs and changes cause a lot of traffic on the
nautilus-maint list, increasing the risk of something important
getting lost. Does anyone have any ideas how this could be improved?
Maybe some way to filter the mail based on keywords or something?
Maybe if all new bugs go to a "normal" folder, or gets marked in some
way, and then when I, the bug squad or someone looks at it and sees
it's important it gets put in the "important bugs" folder so that I
will read them first.

Any other ideas how to handle this?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a jaded alcoholic househusband on a search for his missing sister. She's
a green-fingered hypochondriac archaeologist from a family of eight older
brothers. They fight crime!